Then my PS3 died, and i got a new PS3, which didn't work with my router. I messed around with the router settings a bit trying to get it to work. Wireless continued to be crappy and wired continued to be nonexistent. Oh well. Then yesterday i tried to connect to Dragon Quest 9's online store, and found that my DS could no longer find the internet, returning a 50000 something error. After some experimentation and poking at Nintendo's support website i found some settings to change on the router and the DS started finding the router again! But then started getting a 52000 error when it tried to connect. Some more searching and settings fiddling, this time mostly on the DS, and the first error was fixed, only to be replaced by a 52100 error.
I finally gave up in frustration and just went back to playing the regular game. Only to find a few hours later that my phone can no longer connect to the wireless =P
Indications that i should just get a new router rising. Of course once i do i'm sure i'll end up going through endless amounts of setup with the new router as well =P