My regional background is living near Seattle for 19 years, then living in SoCal for most of 4 years, then living near Seattle for a year and a bit, then living in SoCal for another 8 years. Damn that's a scary total =P
This is more fun if you figure out your own answers first before you look at mine, FYI.
1. A body of water, smaller than a river, contained within relatively narrow banks.
2. What the thing you push around the grocery store is called.
3. A metal container to carry a meal in.
4. The thing that you cook bacon and eggs in.
5. The piece of furniture that seats three people.
6. The device on the outside of the house that carries rain off the roof.
7. The covered area outside a house where people sit in the evening.
8. Carbonated, sweetened, non-alcoholic beverages.
9. A flat, round breakfast food served with syrup.
10. A long sandwich designed to be a whole meal in itself.
11. The piece of clothing worn by men at the beach.
12. Shoes worn for sports.
13. Putting a room in order.
14. A flying insect that glows in the dark.
15. The little insect that curls up into a ball.
16. The children's playground equipment where one kid sits on one side and goes up while the other sits on the other side and goes down.
17. How do you eat your pizza?
18. What's it called when private citizens put up signs and sell their used stuff?
19. What's the evening meal?
20. The thing under a house where the furnace and perhaps a rec room are?
21. What do you call the thing that you can get water out of to drink in public places?
1: A stream? A creek? A rivulet? How small is it?
2: A shopping cart.
3: A lunch box.
4: A frying pan.
5: A sofa? A couch? I never really figured out the technical difference between the two, if there is any. (Kind of like living room and family room =P)
6: The gutter
7: Porch? Or possible the deck.
8: Pop, or soda when i don't feel like having people yell at me about it =P (Damn aggressive soda people)
10: A sandwich. I suppose if i had to specify i'd say a "sub," though i've heard "hoagie" before too. But really, "sandwich" usually works. (At least i assume that's what they're talking about, i've never heard the "designed to be a whole meal in itself" claim before.)
11: A swiming suit or trunks
12: Tennis shoes
13: ... cleaning? organizing? tidying up?
14: Firefly! :)
15: I think maybe potato bug? Or rollypolly? When i saw them my reaction was usually less lexigraphic and more "awww! cute!" :)
16: Teeter-toter or possibly see-saw
17: ...with my mouth? I take bites out of it till its all gone. I sometimes dip the cheesey part in sauce if it's available and when i'm done with that i almost always dip the crust part in sauce if it's available. Consume. Devour. Snarf. What am i missing here?
18: Garage sale or yard sale.
20: The basement
21: drinking fountain